Tried & Tested: Magnitone Lucid
One of the genius devices that is taking over the beauty world right now is Magnitone; a facial cleansing and exfoliation brush. It’s electromagnetic pulsations send vibrations into the skin that help to unclog pores and lift dead skin, and trust me when I say, it really works.
The problem with my skin is that it’s sensitive. Because I have large pores on my cheeks, I can’t use beaded exfoliators or face wash as that will only make it worse, so I was only delighted to have found the Magnitone brush that gently exfoliated my face. It also helps to really massage my cleanser into the skin making it much more effective, Here’s how it works:
1. Wet your face with warm water (make sure you have no makeup on!)
2. Apply your cream cleanser all over (I use Elave’s cleanser as it’s extra gentle on sensitive skin – you can get it here.)
3. There’s two settings on the Magnitone, one that rotates faster than the other, so see what works best on your skin and continue you with that speed. Work on one area at a time (i.e. forehead, cheeks etc) – it’ll automatically beep every 20 seconds letting you know it’s time to move onto the next area. After 1 minute it will power off, as you don’t want to over-do the brushing on your skin.
4. Wash away any excess cleanser you have left and gently towel dry.
5. Apply a nourishing face moisturiser.
You really feel like you’ve given your skin a deep clean afterwards and that’s what I loved, it makes your skin feel so darn soft! It’s great because it’s fully waterproof so you can take it into the shower if you’re always rushing in the mornings. It also helps your makeup sit nicer on your skin so your complexion has a lot more of a glow.
They come in 4 different colours (mine’s pink!), with changeable brush heads, so you could always buy one between your sisters or housemates and just get separate brush heads to be economical. I do however think that £59.98 is well worth what it does to your skin, so having one that you can always bring with you is a must for me (on holiday it’s a dream!). If you’re in Ireland, it’s cheaper to buy it from myshowcase.com than any chemist here (because of that silly conversion rate) – you just have to mention my name when you’re checking out.
If you get one or have one, tweet me and let me know what you think!