Styling The Culottes
We’re loving the floaty feminine look of culottes at the moment which are trending for Spring/Summer ’15. They’re a great change up to skirts or tailored trousers whether you’re in the office or out for dinner. Here’s how we’re styling this popular piece at the moment (for more inspiration see this article!)
1. V Neck Strap Top // H&M €19.99 – We’ve gone for a patterned pair of culottes from River Island for this look so we’re keeping the top half more understated. Tuck this cami in to show off your waist as culottes have a lot of shape in them so you want a top that’s a little more fitted.
2. Beige Geo Print Culottes // River Island €45 – If you’re a little nervous of working this trend then there are an array for plain coloured culottes in the shops at the moment. We however adore the bold prints!
3. The Ciara Bag by Marc B // Topshop £35 – A hold-it-all bag in black with gold detailing is a fail safe for any outfit. Swap it for a clutch for a Saturday night outfit.
4. Michael Kors Julieta Pumps // House of Fraser £130 – Well hello gorgeous MK shoes, you’ll do just nicely here!
5. Engraved Stud Earrings // New Look €3.99 – The culottes will do all the talking so have a less is more approach with your jewellery – studs are perfect.