Recipe Book: Helen James’s Roasted Chicken Thighs With Apricot & Ginger Jam
This is chicken heaven! Sweet and sticky, the flavor combination is divine. It really couldn’t be easier, just chop an onion, throw on some balsamic vinegar, a little Considered apricot and ginger jam and stick in the oven. It’s the perfect lunch option with your favourite green salad or place on top of some creamy mashed potato with the sauce spooned over it. It’s an easy supper for any night of the week but good enough to serve up to friends for a casual weekend dinner.
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup Considered apricot and ginger jam
1 garlic bulb
1/2 cup stock or water
4 chicken thighs
Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC
2. Slice the onion into thin slices and place in a roasting tin or oven dish.
3. Place the chicken thighs on top.
4. Mix balsamic vinegar and jam together (warm slightly if necessary) and spread on the chicken.
5. Throw the unpeeled garlic cloves and stock (or water) into the dish.
6. Roast in the oven for 45 mins or until the thighs are fully cooked and browned.
7. Serve with your favourite side dish- a green salad, quinoa for lunch or mash for a delicious dinner.