Using a monochrome pallet when decorating is the best way to get a great colour combination without having to think too hard about it. This doesn’t just apply to black and white either – monochromatic style actually refers to the shades of one colour, ie. light blue and dark blue to put it simply. We do love combination of black and white however so have rounded up a few pieces if you’re thinking about trying this look in your home:
1. Mono Border Bed Set // Marks & Spencer €80+ – Bedding is one of the easiest way to introduce monochrome in your bedroom. Use it as the starting point if you’re decorating your room.
2. Black Pluto Ceiling Pendant // Meadows & Byrne €29.95 – Think about lighting with your colour scheme also – feature lighting like these black pendent lights can really make your kitchen interesting.
3, Angle Wallpaper // Ferm Living €72 – If you’re a little more daring then try a monochrome wallpaper. It doesn’t have to go all over, just create a feature wall as your focal point in the room.
4. Mustard Wild Dining Gina Giraffe Plate // Urban Outfitters €17 – Inject a bit of character into your delph with quirky plates like this one.
5. Areaware Pig Bank // April & The Bear €210 – Home accessories like this very cool piggy bank is an easy way to add monochromatic touches to your space.
6. Black and White Cushion // Ikea €6 – You can always count on a cushion to make this look complete. Black and white also compliments all colours so don’t think you have to stick to these two tones, throw in your favourite to bring your home to life.