Monday Munchies: No-Carb Pasta
It’s hard to imagine pasta looking so tasty whenever there’s actually no pasta in it, and it’s made from courgettes. But alas, this dish from The Londoner looks delicious and is a healthy alternative to our otherwise-glutonous choice of spaghetti. Enjoy!
(To serve 2)
3 courgettes (zucchini)
Anchovies (you wont taste them, they just give a salty richness to the dish)
2 cloves of garlic
Handful of capers
Handful of pitted black olives
Tin of tomatoes
1. Get a pan nice and hot, then turn down to a medium heat. I’ve been using Jamie’s pans and I really can’t recommend them enough.
2. Add a generous glug of olive oil, enough to coat the bottom. Crush two cloves of garlic into the oil. Add three or four anchovies.
3. The anchovies should start to disintegrate in the oil and the garlic gently brown and soften. Add a sprinkle of chilli flakes to the sizzling oil.
4. Roughly chop up your black olives and capers and add them too.
5. Give it all a good stir around and fry for a minute.
6. Add your tinned toms.
7. Let it all bubble away, stirring now and then for a few mins. Then put on one side to cool.
8. Using a spiralizer or a funny mandolin attachment, cut your courgettes into ribbons.
9. Toss the sauce through your Coodles
10. And serve with some fresh parmesan.