Monday Munchies: Homemade Toffee
Ok, so normally our Monday Munchies aren’t quite so glutenous, but we saw this recipe and started to drool. We also thought how nice would it be to bake for someone for Christmas, so here you go.
130g raw almonds
130g unsalted butter, cubed
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
200g semi-sweet chocolate chips
40g cup pecans, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. Spread almonds in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and bake until toasted, about 10 minutes; set aside.
3. In a medium saucepan, combine butter, sugar vanilla and salt over medium heat. Cook, whisking constantly, until butter has melted and 4. mixture is almond brown in color, about 7-10 minutes.
4. Immediately spread the hot caramel mixture evenly over the almonds. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. After 1-2 minutes, spread the chocolate chips in an even layer until smooth. Sprinkle with pecans.
5. Let cool completely, about 2 hours. Break into pieces.
Credit // Damn Delicious