Monday Munchies: Butternut Squash Soup
January is all about banishing the booze and upping the healthy eating ante, but it can be quite hard to stay healthy whilst still eating something wholesome during the Winter. Fear not, that’s where soups come in and this delicious butternut squash soup is sure to keep you fuller for longer.
1 whole Butternut Squash, peeled and chopped
1 whole Onion, chopped
1 quart free range, organic, Chicken Stock
1 tsp ground Cinnamon
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp ground Nutmeg
2 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
1. Sauté chopped onion in coconut oil in a large pot.
2. Add in cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
3. Add chopped butternut squash to pot, and pour in broth.
4. Boil the butternut squash in the broth until tender.
5. Puree soup in a food processor or high-speed blender until smooth.
6. Garnish with a sprinkling of cinnamon and chopped walnuts.
Credit // Primal Palette