Monday Munchies: Avocado Chocolate Cookies
It’s Monday, and although we want something sweet, we’re also trying to be healthy. So these no flour, butter or sugar cookies from The Smoothie Lover are just the ticket. We know avocado sounds weird in a cookie, but it’ll make it really gewy and delicious – do it!
100 g avocado flesh (very ripe, but not brown)
120ml coconut sugar
120ml dark cocoa powder
50 g. dark chocolate chunks
½ tsp. baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 175°C / 350° F.
2. In a bowl using a hand mixer (or make everything in a food processor), mix together avocado and coconut sugar until smooth. Add in the egg.
3. Mix in the cocoa powder and baking soda.
4. Stir in chocolate chunks.
5. Using two spoons place dollops of cookie dough in a baking sheet with parchment paper. The cookie won’t spread as much as usual cookies when baking, so make sure to flatten them out a bit with the back of the spoon.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cookies don’t stick as much to the paper as they did before baking.
7. Cool down. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.