Interior Ideas: Industrial Kitchen
Industrial interiors are still very much on trend and using it in the kitchen is one of our favourite places to embrace this style in the home. You can inject as little or as much of this trend as you want, using pendant lights as a simple but effective way of making an industrial statement in a space for example.
Colours often used for this style are black, white, grey, copper, brass – anything that you could think of seeing in an old warehouse. Using these colours however doesn’t mean that the room has to be cold. You can easily use warm lighting (the Edison light bulbs are great for that), flowy fabrics on the windows and a rug under the dining table for example.
1. Fusion Dining Table // Harvey Norman €299 – If you have enough room for a dining table in your kitchen, then having one that incorporates metal and wood would make a statement in the room. If you’re not a fan of the metal, a chunky oak table would be just as good.
2. Copper & Glass Terrarium // Oliver Bonas £28 – Little touches to accessorise the space like this terrarium will bring everything together. Copper is also a warmer tone than the gun metal greys that are often found in industrial interiors.
3. Gunnar Pendant Light // Cox & Cox £65 – We love these Nordic inspired pendant lights – they would look great hanging above the kitchen counter or table.
4. Mr Perswall Old Brick Wallpaper // Rocket St George £192 – You could cheat your way to more rustic/industrial walls by using a brick printed wallpaper. The warm tones of the brick would suit anyone looking to make the space not so monochrome.
5. Reclaimed Teak Bread Board // Industry €65 - Items like this gorgeous teak board is both functional and great for displaying too.
6. Silver Elisa Bar Stool // Zin Zan €65 – These Tolix replica stools are perfect for the kitchen bench or if you’re looking for a more casual dining chair.
7. Greenford Clock // Maisons du Monde £69.99 – Think about the little touches for the space that will finish off the look. An industrial style clock is a must!