How To: Winged Eye Liner
Are you struggling trying to get the perfect eye liner flick? Try using tape to assist you. It’s cheating a little but it’s a quick and easy way if you haven’t too much of a steady hand.
1. To begin, take an inch-long piece of tape and press it to your hand a few times to dull some of its adhesive power. This will help it from sticking too severely to your delicate eye area.
2. Place the tape underneath your bottom lashes at the outer corner of your eye and angle it towards your temple. Avoid angling the tape towards the end of your brow, otherwise your wing can take on more of an Amy Winehouse-esque hooked appearance.
3. Begin sketching at the middle of your upper lash line, which is where the liquid line should begin to thicken. Draw a stripe to the outer corner of your eye using short, dash-like strokes. For precision, we prefer a felt-tip pen, such as the razor-sharp YSL Eyeliner Effet Faux Cils. Be sure to place your pinkie finger against your cheek for added stability and control.
4. Using the tape like a straight-edged ruler, continue drawing your line along the tape past the outer corner. Don’t worry if some of the liner bleeds onto the tape—this will all be removed any way! Messiness isn’t an issue here, but do make sure the liner gradually gets thinner and thinner as you sketch out the line.
5. Remove the tape and proudly revel in your pristine wing.
6. Finish the line by going back to the middle of your eye and sketching short thin strokes over to the tear duct. By the time the liner reaches the inner corner, the streak should hug the lashes as tightly as possible.
Credit // Elle
Featured Image // Pinterest