How To: Trim Your Own Fringe
So you’ve got bangs, and they grow really quickly, but you don’t want to go to the hairdressers every 2 weeks – we get it. So it’s time to start mastering trimming your fringe at home. You’ll need to purchase some hairdressers sheers (don’t use craft scissors!), and a comb. Follow these steps and you’ll be able to see again!
1. Put your hair in a pony tail to make sure the fringe is segmented, and make sure it’s dry.
2. Comb your fringe in the centre down to the length you want to trim at, and starting from the middle, snip into the fringe right under the comb, and work your way over to the left. Then repeat with the right side.
3. With bangs, you want them to be straight in the middle and then slightly longer on the outer edges. To achieve this, start at one side and snip at a 45 degrees angle. Repeat on the other side.
4. Now you want to check if it’s all even. Brush your fingers through your fringe to how you normally would have it and if it’s not quite right, repeat no. 3.
5. Brush away any excess hairs from your face and fringe – ta dah!