How To: Homemade Scrub
Autumn and Winter are a time to give your skin extra care as the cold and wind can cause it a lot of damage. Try making up your own face scrub from ingredients you would find at home. Here’s one for brightening up your skin when it’s feeling a little dull:
1. Choose your container, and measure your exfoliant so that the container is 3/4 full.
2. Measure out your oil. You’ll want a 2-to-1 ratio. So, twice as much salt or sugar as oil.
3. Combine oil and salt or sugar in a bowl, and stir until just combined.
4. Add in the fruit or vegetable chopped as finely as you can get it, and muddle the mixture together until just combined. You don’t want to mix it too much or the granules will start to dissolve.
5. Decant into your storage container and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Credit // Brit