How To: Cuticle Cream
So you love doing your nails, but are you looking after the most important part of them; your cuticles? Healthy cuticles means your nails will grow, and grow stronger, so it’s important to treat them if they’re starting to look a little dry or they’re peeling. Cuticle oil/cream is the best way to nourish them, so make sure to add a little when you’ve finished painting your nails, or even when they’re just needing a little moisturising. We found this great DIY on dōTERRA blog that would work wonders.
What You Need
2 tablespoons shea butter
1 teaspoon beeswax
1 tablespoons Fractionated Coconut Oil
7 drops Lavender or Myrrh essential oil
1. In a small glass container, combine shea butter, beeswax, and Fractionated Coconut Oil. Place in saucepan with 1-1.5 inches of boiling water.
2. Stir ingredients until combined (around 5-10 minutes).
Note: Use a popsicle stick for easy cleanup.
3. Once melted, remove from heat and let rest for 3 minutes.
4. Add essential oils and stir.
5. Pour into container.
6. Let harden for 2-3 hours and you’re done. To use, just apply a small amount to cuticles and rub until absorbed.