How To: 5 Strand Braid & Bun
This beautiful up do is perfect for an occasion or if you’re looking for something a little more unusual during the day. It sounds a little complicated to do, but stick with it and you’ll get it in no time!
1. Pick up 5 strands of hair on the top of one side of the head.
2. Cross the inner most strand under the strand next to it.
3. Then cross the same strand over the next strand.
4. Now take the outer most strand and cross it under the strand next to it.
5. Then cross the same strand over the next strand.
6. Now pick up a piece of hair next to the inner most strand and join them together.Do steps 2 and 3 again and the pick up some hair next to the outer most strand and join together with the outer most strand then do the steps 4 and 5 again.
7. Now you have your first full stich!
8. Continue braiding like this to the nape of the neck on the opposite side as where you started the braid. When there is no more hair to incorporate braid a 5 strand braid without adding hair to the outer strands, step 2-5 in other words. Secure the braid with an elastic.
9. Roll the braid up to a bun and secure with bobby pins.
Credit // Yet Another Beauty Site