Monday Munchies: Flourless Chocolate Cake
Ruth from Pure Food is back with another delicious gluten free recipe for our sweet toothed readers! Over to Ruth.
This flourless chocolate cake is my go-to gluten-free dessert whenever I’m having guests – everyone loves it. Serves 6-8 people.
2 teaspoons of melted butter (for greasing tins)
270g dark chocolate (70% best)
Chopped 250g butter
270g Caster Sugar
200g Ground Almonds
1. Preheat the oven to 160C. Butter the sides of a 23cm cake tin and line the bottom with baking parchment (spring form tin best).
2. Place the chocolate, butter and sugar in a bowl sitting over a saucepan of simmering water and melt slowly.
3. Stir until smooth, then stir in the beaten eggs and fold in the ground almonds.
4. Pour the mixture into the cake tin and bake for 40-50 minutes until the centre is just set. Allow to cool in the tin.
5. Remove and serve with whipped cream or crème fraiche!
Pure Food was set up by coeliac mother and daughter, Mary and Ruth Hussey. You can find them in Blackrock Market selling freshly baked gluten and wheat free delights, or order their products online at purefood.ie. Ruth also co-owns Bear Market Coffee on Blackrock’s main street which stocks GF food. Find out more about the two businesses from our 5 Minutes With Ruth here.