6 Exercises For Lovely Legs
With bikini season around the corner, we’re working on all areas of our body to get a little muscle going. As well as wanting buns of steel, our pins are just as important to tone up if we’re going to be doing the ‘Baywatch’ across the beach! Here’s some exercises to do in the gym or at home.
1. Leg Balance Warrior 3
This exercise fires up your core by challenging your balance. As you move in and out of the pose, you will be working the back of your body too:
1. Stand on your left foot with your right leg lifted to 90 degrees and your right knee bent.
2. Reach your torso forward as you lengthen your right leg behind you. Reach your arms overhead for balance as your torso and leg come parallel to the floor. Keep your left knee slightly bent.
3. Hold this position for a moment, and reach through your right heel to engage the back of the right leg.
4. Moving with control, bring your right leg forward and return to standing upright. This completes one rep.
5. Complete three sets of 10 on each side.
2. Standing Dirty Dog
Similar to the clam series, this move targets the outer thigh while testing your balance, too:
1. Start standing with your feet hip-width distance apart, hands on the hips.
2. With your core engaged and a solid standing right leg, lift your left leg out to the side, squeezing your waist and hip.
3. Lower the left leg down, barely touching the ground with your left toes, then lift that leg again.
4. Complete three sets of 10 on each side.
3. Lunge Skips
Work your legs and lift that booty with these this superpowered lunge variation. Move quickly, but make sure you’re paying attention to proper form to keep your knees safe:
1. Come into a lunge with your right leg back. Swing your right leg forward to hop up on your left foot, and land softly back in a lunge.
2. Repeat for 30 seconds and then switch sides for an additional 30 seconds.
4. Gate Swings
A fun and effective move, it won’t take many reps before you start feeling the burn:
1. Begin standing with your feet together. Hop your feet wide apart, and come into a deep squat, bringing your hands to your thighs. Your toes will be pointed outward.
2. Push off your thighs with your hands for leverage as you jump your legs together to complete one rep.
3. Do as many reps as possible for 30 seconds.
5. Narrow Squat
Standing with a much narrower stance while you squat targets the inner thigh, inner quad, and inner hamstring. There is no reason not to multitask on this move — so work your arms too. Here’s how:
1. Stand with your feet touching. Hold your hands comfortably in front of your chest to help you stay balanced and bend your knees, lowering your hips deeply, bringing your thighs parallel with the floor if you can. Be sure to keep weight back in your heels.
2. Then rise back up, straightening the legs completely, squeezing the glutes at the top of the movement to get the most out of the exercise. This counts as one rep.
3. Complete three sets of 10 reps
6. Donkey Kicks
This move will work both your butt and your lower back — all you need is a floor:
1. Start on all fours, with your hands directly under your shoulders and your knees directly under your hips.
2. Keep your right knee at a 90-degree angle as you slowly raise your leg behind you until your thigh is almost parallel to the floor. Pulse your flexed foot toward the ceiling by squeezing your glutes. Your back should remain perfectly still in a neutral spine. The motion should be small and controlled with the muscle doing the work and not momentum.
3. Return to start position to complete one rep. Do 20 on each side, two to three times.
Credit // Popsugar
Featured Image // Skinnyms