10 Ways To Bring Summer Into Your Home
OK, the weather has been rather unpredictable of late, and those balmy summer evenings have not yet materialised. All is not lost though. While waiting for the weather to improve, and before renewing your outdoor gear, try these ideas for summering up your home. A little playful print here, a happy homeware piece there. Here are ten ways to make your indoors more inviting, plus some pretty products to make it happen.
1. Add an element of carefree playfulness: a quirky flower pot, your child’s framed giant doodle, a funny print.
notonthehighstreet.com | aprilandthebear.com
2. Make it memorable: print out those pictures you’ve taken on your last holiday and make a little wall gallery collage.
3. Colour me happy: place accent pieces in invigorating citrus colours all over the house.
etsy.com | ikea.ie | ourgreenroom.co.uk | Hay on nest.co.uk
4. Bring the outside in: make a rustic floral arrangement with garden flowers and hedge cuttings for that fresh natural scent and feeling of lush abundance.
ruffledblog.com | tinekhome.com
5. Cheerful china: go for the happiest homeware set in the store; add some colour. There!
notonthehighstreet.com | bohemiadesign.co.uk
6. Happy hour: get out that cocktail set you got for your wedding and never use, buy some funny straws and find your inner mixologist.
johnlewis.com | nomliving.com | magpiemiller.co.uk | postboxparty.com
7. Go boho: a beachhouse-style rug, obligatory milk urns, an indoor/outdoor lounger and enjoy the summer living.
8. Seaside sentimental: white-painted floors. Try paint your floors in a sea-colour hue: light green, turquoise… Floor-painting is for the brave so send us your Instagrams if you’re doing it.
lindajuhola.com | vintage-house.blogspot.ie | residencemagazine.se
9. Paint your front door something other than grey and buy a cheery doormat that will put a smile on your face every time you come home.
cocomatsnmore.com | danheller.com | coastalliving.com
10. Finally, make sangria! Try this pretty infographic recipe from vinepair.com.
Diana Valentine is our interiors contributor here at the MintMag and has a new lifestyle, arts and interiors blog sharing interiors inspiration, practical decorating tips, fascinating finds for the creative and the curious, and musings on design, food, and travel adventures. If you would like to contribute to MintMag.ie, please email firstname.lastname@example.org!